Thursday, December 20, 2012

A Light has dawned

14 to fulfill what was said through the prophet Isaiah: 15 "Land of Zebulun and land of Naphtali, the way to the sea, along the Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles-- 16 the people living in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned." ---Matthew 4:14-16

 A sunrise is a beautiful thing.  What is the sunrise in my own life?  I think we probably have many sunrises throughout life - as we learn, grow in faith and maturity, more and more of ourselves is given to God's will.  For me, it took many years to realize that I am not in control of things around me.  I am not responsible for everyone else's happiness.  God is ALWAYS in control.  The assurance of putting my life in His hands, of accepting His love and security, that is my sunrise.